Spring vegetable and herbs pilaf
You know one of those days when you are a bit tired and lazy, but have to cook? Something relatively healthy but needed to be fast, and NOT SALAD? Well, the husband and I, we have been there done that. Last weekend, well basically the day before yesterday and yesterday, we turned out to have a very busy weekend as we are starting now with our dining room projects (more of that coming up when it is completed), so today we just really wanted to have something easy for lunch, and this is what we come up with. This is really easy to make, simple but taste fantastic with all the fresh herbs you put on it.
We got this recipe from Hamlyn 200 really easy recipes. I bought this book in Indonesia. It was really not expensive at all, but the recipes inside are really easy to make. You can get the book also from Amazon.de for less than 7 Euro. Wanna try?
SPRING VEGETABLE AND HERB PILAF
Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus standing. Cooking time 20 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 courgette ( zuchinni), diced
- greated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300 gr long grain rice
- 600 ml hot vegetable stock
- 150 gr green beans, chopped
- 150 gr gresh or frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons chopped mixed herbs, such as mint, parsley and chives
- 50 gr flaked almond, toasted
- salt and black pepper
HOW TO COOK
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the leek, courgette, lemon rind, garlic and a little salt and pepper and cook gently over a medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir once and pour in the hot stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and peas, cover ad cook for further 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes.Stir in the lemon juice and herbs and serve scattered with the flaked almonds.
Enjoy and stay loved!